Join us for Podcasts tips ad advice for Decorative Finishes on Ornate Plaster
- Use clean tools.
- Stir well with flat stick.
- Make sure the Lid is returned to the Tin and closed tight!
- learn the different kinds of paper and their uses.
- papers come in 'grades'.
- papers can be used 'wet' and/or 'dry'.
- save pieces for other Projects
- Get the most sturdy products available at a price you can afford!
- Some brushes are 'throw away' in that they are used with products that harden or can't be cleaned.
- Well cared for quality brushes can last a very long time when used properly!
- Use Local Businesses if you can.
- Always use the best quality products that you can afford.
- Try to purchase and work with the same brands and know your product information.
- Trade prices are important! Look for best prices online.
- Get estimates from tradesman, salesmen, suppliers and other people who are in your industry.
- Purchase locally and build up a network of industry related businesses.
- When you can restore plaster in the Studio you will accomplish Projects far more quickly.
- Renovating Ornate Plaster can be exhausting work when it has been installed.
- Research your Building if original period finishes and colours are required.
Cornice - used to bridge walls and ceiling with decorative features.
Ceiling Rose - decorative or functional, used to conduct lighting or fans.
Vents - used to embellish vents in walls.
Corbels - decorative items.
Columns - passage features, indoor and outdoors.
There are many more plaster items created for building industry, the advice and tips we give are suitable for craft purposes also.
Tips and Advice